- 25 minute session
- Two package options starting at $175
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Dallas Black Dance Theater - thank you for supporting the arts!
*Booking multiple sessions for a single subject or need extra spots for siblings? Email email@example.com for discount information.
*If you are unavailable for a session on this date and would like information about future sessions, please contact me.
How can clients prepare for their session?
Please arrive early for your session and stretch/prepare to be warm for movement shots. If you arrive late, we will only have the remaining time of your session left to shoot, which will impact the final product and deliverables. For participating children, it is recommended to show them the examples of the finished product (see above) - this may help them to understand posing instructions a little better. If there is a skill/pose you want highlighted, please speak up! It would be great to incorporate a move you learned to commemorate your season. Bring water for quick drinks between action shots.
Will powder photos be messy?
Not at all! The powder will be added in post production to avoid inhalation, ventilation, and mess issues.
Can more than one participant share a session?
Movement minis are for one subject per session only. If you would like to discuss session needs for siblings/teammates/friends to participate in together, please contact me.
What happens after my session?
Galleries will be delivered in the order taken. I am grateful in advance for everyone's patience, as powder photos take considerably longer to edit. Depending on the amount of participants, it may take up to four weeks for gallery delivery. Once your photos are ready, an email will be sent with a link to download your high resolution jpg files. Images can be shared online and/or printed at a lab of your choice. A variety of prints and products will be available through your gallery but you are under no obligation to order.
What safety protocols are in place?
Photographer will be masked for entire session. A time buffer between sessions has been put in place to prevent clients crossing paths. Please text when you arrive to the studio and wait in your vehicle until your session time. Any accompanying parents will need to wear a mask.
- Avoid solid black bottoms/pants/unitards/skirts/shoes as they blend in too much with the background. A black leotard/top is fine with tights or a colored pant/skirt. For pants, a colored jegging/pant/tight that is not black is highly recommended.
- Clients should wear clothing that is comfortable to move in and makes them feel confident.
- Solid colors and classic designs work wonderfully for these sessions. A simple leotard or a long, flowy dance skirt will photograph beautifully. Also, flexible pants and solid top are a great choice. Busy patterns will not work as well for this specific session.
- Dancers can wear whatever footwear they feel best in - jazz shoes, pointe shoes, or bare feet are all wonderful options!
- If you have long hair, consider leaving it down to add gorgeous movement to images. If worn up for a traditional look, please spray well to keep flyaways at bay.
- If you have any other questions about what to wear, you are welcome to text me with options (817-896-6784) and I am happy to let you know what would photograph best.
- Please contact photographer right away if you cannot make your session. Cancelled sessions that are not communicated more than 48 hours ahead of the scheduled time will not be refunded except in the case of illness or emergency.
- Retainer fees secure your booking. All session fees are due prior to your session date. You will receive an email with payment information after booking.